: This software contains imagery that could evoke sensitive subject matter in some users. Such subject matter include Grief, Death, Self-Harm and Suicide Ideation.
The Shape On The Ground is not a game, in the conventional sense. It is a short horror-themed first-person walking simulator experience which can be completed in 20 minutes.
Consider it as a tarot reading : both a divination and self-reflection tool. A moment in time for yourself, a magick circle, to freely explore your inner world. Walk around a desolate town in search of the 12 dioramas where you will be asked a question.
Answer truthfully, with the answer that best corresponds with how you are feeling. There is no right or wrong answer. Then you will be shown an ending and given a personalized reading based on your answers.
- Five different endings : based on the answers the player has provided
- Horror-Themed atmosphere : explore a miniature cardboard town inspired by the works of the Brothers Quay
- Low risk gameplay : no enemies putting the player in danger, just a tense and heavy atmosphere
- A personal space of introspection : This software is meant to be revisited from time to time, to help identify the changes within the player
Similar to a director's cut, this version of The Shape On The Ground
contains new material never seen in earlier versions.
- Two entirely new dioramas, adding more symbolism and mystery to the environment
- Two new small areas to explore, where the new dioramas are located : the park and the sewer system
- Quality Of Life improvements such as clearer tutorials and removal of some confusing meta-narrative elements